Saturday, June 11, 2011

Visit with Auntie Alexis

My dear dear friend Alexis came to visit this week, to hold and carry and care for babies and to help with managing the household. It turned out that her timing was especially good because Jeff had to be away on a short business trip overnight Wednesday. Alexis being here then made it much easier on me to be without Jeff. This is us making cookies with Theo on Thursday.

We also attempted a photo shoot for baby announcements on Thursday. We haven't retrieved all the images yet but I think we might have some winners. I will post some of those shots soon. I also need to take some more photos of the nursery to post.

This week we had two nights (Wednesday and Thursday) when the boys nursed almost non-stop between early afternoon and late evening, and then woke up only once each to eat during the night. I was hopeful that this might be the beginning of a trend that, though exhausting during the afternoon and evening, meant for better sleep at night. Last night was the total opposite: the babies were sleepy and placid during the afternoon and evening, and then each woke up separately about every hour. Not great for the sleeping, at least for the grown-ups.

On the agenda for this weekend: cleaning the house up a bit, catching up with some laundry, hitting up some of the big box stores to find some patio dining furniture, some radon testing kits, and getting some extra keys made to the house. I know--we're ambitious!

No comments:

Post a Comment