Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday update

I did my pulmonary function test today and performed well on all the tests, which we think means that my lungs are back to normal in terms of their function. I feel like things are moving forward on several fronts but the uncertainty of what caused this, what the impact of the CT scan I received will be on my thyroid in the future, and what my next steps will be, is really weighing on me. There are so many possibilities of what could be going on and it seems overwhelming. Meanwhile I feel mostly fine and enjoy every minute with the boys and with our family, but the stress is really difficult to bear. I had more labs done today and suddenly have an appointment with Dr. Dickhead tomorrow afternoon, scheduled at 4:30 this afternoon, so I am wondering why this appointment has been scheduled when they told me at 3:30 that I would not meet with him for five weeks. The nurse who called said he wanted to give me an opportunity to ask any questions I had. I don't really know what that means but whatever it means, I would like to know what he knows and understand what his plan is for assembling more information and working toward making me healthy. I know that he and my endocrinologist spoke on the telephone for 45 minutes about me earlier today, but of course I have no idea what that conversation entailed. The point is, I don't know much more than I did at the beginning of the day. I feel better physically but I. just. want. to. know. more.

The boys are great and we're lucky we've had so much help with them--my mom has been here all week and Jeff's mom was here today. My dad is coming tomorrow and we may have other company as well. I think we may have a need for dinners for next week and I may also need more childcare during the day if I continue to have appointments for doctors and labs and procedures. If anyone can offer any help in those departments for next week, please let me know. We're taking it day by day but it would be great to know that someone might be available. I promise, the boys are angels and will crack you up!

Again, thanks for the calls and emails, the breastmilk and cookies and formula and everything else. They really do buoy my spirits and remind me that good things can happen when people spend time thinking, praying, and sending good vibes our way.

1 comment:

  1. Bryn - oh my gosh! I just read through the last several blogs. I had no idea what you were going through, you poor baby. What a wonderful family and network of friends you have to keep you going and keeping those boys growing and healthy. I'm heading to Tampa for a few days, but I will gladly volunteer to come help with the boys, bring a home-cooked meal, etc. the following week if that would be helpful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete