Saturday, February 11, 2012

Double baby carry!

On Friday I arrived home to two napping babies. I enjoyed some conversation with Mindy and her husband Mark and one of their sons, Jalen. They left and I fed the babies and I could tell, this was not going to be a good hour until Jeff got home. I wanted to take a walk but both Theo and Beckett were so cranky that I couldn't imagine which one I was going to put in the stroller, because they were both going to want to be carried. I visualized my two carriers, working together. And it worked great! We went for about a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood and arrived home right after Jeff, so he could help me detach them. They were happy and lively for another hour until bedtime. The walk mellowed them out as always! Hooray!

The Baby Bjorn (the front carrier, in this picture, with Theo in it) is getting a little uncomfortable to wear with a nearly-twenty-pound baby. I think we're going to have to buy another Ergo (like the one I have Beck in here) to be able to continue to each carry a baby, or, in my case, carry two at once.

This morning we participated in a free open house to check out the Syracuse branch of My Gym, which is kind of like a Chuck E. Cheese for little kids. There are mini balance beams, ball pits, slides, ladders, big bouncy balls, and lots of things to jump and climb on. They have classes for different age groups, even as young as our guys. The Multiple Moms Mingle group I belong to often has free playdates there but since I didn't really know what it was, I hadn't gone. I wasn't sure I could entertain the boys there by myself (the free playdates have always been on weekdays, when Jeff is working). We planned to arrive at 8am, when I had heard it began, but didn't end up getting there until 8:45. Good thing--the place didn't open til 9am. Oops. Anyway, the owner (Jeff) and teacher Lauren were nice enough to show us around and play with the boys until it got completely insane and filled up with tons of cute (and not-so-cute) little white kids and their parents. I remembered once I got there that I had gone to a My Gym once with Mike B and Collin a year or so ago when I was visiting them in Oak Park IL. It looks exactly the same as there. I think it will be more fun in a year or two when they are able to enjoy more of the stuff there, but Theo and Beck had a good time in the ball pit and playing with some of the toys on the ground today.





We had a great visit with Grandma and Grandpa Leibowitz today, who got some pretty big smiles from the littlest people in our house. Theo also took three poops today to celebrate their visit.



Beck had a crap sleep day today because he slept on the way back from My Gym and then wouldn't go back to sleep in his crib when we got home, then took only about a 30 minute nap in the afternoon. By 5:30 he was pretty ornery. We sat them down for dinner (sweet potatoes, blueberries and rice cereal) at 6pm as usual and Beck would have none of it. Grandpa Leibowitz finally got him to eat some cheese if he could feed himself, then sucked on a pretzel for a little while. Then we gave him some toast. His eyes got heavier and heavier and finally he just fell asleep in his highchair, still clutching his toast finger.



No comments:

Post a Comment