
A couple more pictures of the Sanibel trip....
Beckett with dear friend Jan.So many things are changing so quickly around here, it's really incredible.
Babies!
The boys are moving more and more every day--cruising pretty ably around and to/from furniture, pulling up on almost anything, and rolling all over the place. Both babies have taken single crawling "steps" here and there. Theo did a few together today. Both Theo and Beckett move pretty well backwards, especially when wearing only diapers and especially on the hardwood floors.
Their sleep has been rapidly changing (hint: not for the better) the last few nights, too. While Jeff's parents were visiting they stayed up a little later (til 8pm or so) but they still haven't adjusted to daylight savings time so they're often up at 6 or 6:30am or even earlier. Last night was a return to the early days--Beckett woke up at 11pm, conveniently just after I had fallen asleep. He was unconsolable, so I nursed him and he went back to sleep. I decided not to wake Theo up to eat, since it was so early. So I went back to sleep. Theo woke up and wanted to nurse about 10 minutes later. The rest of the night was a blur. I lost track of how many times I was up last night. Today was rough. I had my first caffeinated beverage in many years to help me make it through the day. Because the babies also couldn't coordinate their nap schedules, so when one was sleeping, the other was awake (until 4pm, when I got a 45 minute nap). Tonight we're back to the drawing board, trying out a return to 7pm bedtime to see if sleep begets sleep....
They are also eating differently all the time, and most recently eating a ton of table food. They ate BBQ and macaroni and cheese at a restaurant Sunday night, and tonight they ate the same thing we did--bean soup with sausage and banana bread. How great! It feels like they change over the course of one day. It's a great week for me to keep an eye on them and not to miss anything, because I'm only working Monday and Friday. Mindy's grandmother is ill and she is in Arizona to be with her, so we're on our own for childcare for 10 days. Greg and Kathy came up Saturday to help us with a number of things, including fixing our bathroom vanity and babysitting Monday! And helping us pick up our new...
Car!
We finally picked up the new car that we picked out and signed on the dotted line for last month. We are now the proud owners (or JEFF is the proud owner, but that's a different story) of a 2012 Mazda5. It is black with black interior and it has heated seats and is really nice and clean and the 3rd row of seats folds down to create a ton of storage space. We took the boys to Limp Lizard, a BBQ joint five minutes from our house, with Jeff's parents Sunday night, and we all rode in the "microvan" together. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment