Sunday night we took a ride on the Polar Express, AKA the Adirondack Railroad, to the North Pole, AKA western Utica, with our friends Pete and Becky and their kids. I thought the Utica train station was beautiful, and the train was decorated beautifully. I was underwhelmed by the developmentally delayed youngsters dressed as elves who continually tried to engage the boys in conversation. I also don't remember the North Pole being across the track from Agway. But the Santa was authentic and the boys loved every minute of it.
Looking out the window as the North Pole approaches.
Santa gets on the train at the North Pole and visits with every family. Both boys cheerfully and expectantly hopped up on his lap. When asked what they wanted (a concept I have never discussed with them), Theo said he wanted sticker books, and Beckett said he wanted a bell from Santa's sleigh. Both boys were rewarded with a bell from Santa's sleigh.
Hot cocoa and cookies back at the station.
Pete is Mr. Funtimes. The boys were all over him at the station after the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment