Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas Wrapup

Mama came down with the flu Christmas Eve, after the second of two sinus infections so far this pregnancy. I was actually still on amoxicillin from the sinus infection when I came down with the flu. I rallied to sit upright for Christmas morning but then returned to bed and mostly stayed there for several days. I was diagnosed with Flu A when I went to Urgent Care Christmas night. So then I went on Tamiflu and urged everyone who had been here for Christmas to do the same. The boys and Jeff went on prophylactic Tamiflu the next day, and, thankfully, never came down with anything more than a runny nose or brief fever. I'm still not sure where I caught the flu because no one else around me seemed to have it, but I know my pregnant immune system is total crap.

I have been living in a semi-trance since Christmas Eve, just trying to spend time with the boys and do the bare minimum of housework etc. (and go to work Dec 29, 30 and 31) while resting up. But despite some lingering congestion and coughs I mostly feel better, finally!

We were so grateful to have Grandma Kathy, Grandpa Greg, Uncle Jon, Grandma Joanie and Grandpa Stu visiting for the time around Christmas. Especially once I really came down with the flu I was pretty useless for child care or food preparation, much less general merriment, and everyone pitched in so I never felt neglectful and Jeff never felt put upon. The boys had an absolutely fantastic Christmas and have been enjoying playing with all their new games and toys. We still have about 15 presents under the tree, from both us and far-away relatives, and the boys open one or two every several days. So if you haven't received a thank you note from us, it's because we haven't opened your presents yet! But thank you! And I'm sure they're going to be truly enjoyed in the month or so to come in these long, cold, boring days of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment