Sunday, November 1, 2015
Tonight is the eve of my first day back at work, Reed's first day at childcare, and the big boys' first day at afterschool at their school. We went over to Reed's teacher's house today to show Reed (and Jeff, and the big boys) around. The big boys enjoyed all the great toys and wanted to stay more than the hour we were there. Reed got a chance to spend some time with Rachel and we got to talk about routines and sort out logistics. I have certainly spent a lot of time in the last many months thinking and planning for this, and I feel very good about what we have lined up. I had originally thought of having a neighborhood teenager pick up the big boys from their classrooms and bring them back home to play for two hours before we got home, but after interviewing a couple it seemed like a risky and complicated choice, what with their afterschool sports and activities, plus factoring in possible sick days or vacations or teenage whimsy/flakiness. So the boys are going to the school afterschool program managed by the local Y, just for two days a week at least for now. Jeff's going to be able to take the big boys to school most days and I will take Reed to Rachel most of the time. Please wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment