Beckett and Theo helped me with my signs, which were happily reused from Jeff's campaign. Heidi brought her daughter Lyla and our friend Leah joined us at the last minute.
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Women's March in Seneca Falls
As much as I wanted to be in Washington DC for the march, I also couldn't bear to engage with the fact that he who shall not be named was actually going to be the president of our great country. So I delayed making plans to go to DC and turned down invitations to accompany friends, and suddenly it was inauguration day and President Obama actually left the White House (I have heard; I cannot bear to watch video confirmation). So I finally took my head out of my butt and called up my friend Heidi and asked her if I could go with her to the Seneca Falls march. The organizers expected 300-400 people and instead several thousand people showed up to pay homage to our foremothers who fought for the end of slavery and women's suffrage and civil rights and respect for our Mother Earth. It was beautiful and calming and energizing all at once.
Beckett and Theo helped me with my signs, which were happily reused from Jeff's campaign. Heidi brought her daughter Lyla and our friend Leah joined us at the last minute.
Beckett and Theo helped me with my signs, which were happily reused from Jeff's campaign. Heidi brought her daughter Lyla and our friend Leah joined us at the last minute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment