Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Reedism

Reed says all kind of off-beat, unexpected, sometimes wonderful, sometimes strange things. Recently, this was his nonsequitur:

(Background: about five months ago, our friend Nick came over to the house with his girlfriend Kristy for dinner and to show us photos of a trip they had recently taken to Iceland and Ireland. I worked with Nick at one of my prior law firms. Nick is 6ft, 8in tall. So, really tall. Tall enough that he has to duck going through some of our doorways, which we noted with the kids. This is the ONLY time the children have ever seen Nick. And it's not like we talk about him around the house much. No offense, Nick.)

So fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. The kids have finished dinner, and Jeff and I are still sitting at the table eating and talking. Reed is playing with a car on the table next to me.

Reed: I wish I had a dad
Jeff: you do! I’m your dad!
Reed: I wish I had a bigger dad. If you were taller. Taller like Nick. I wish you were taller, like Nick.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! I love how they store things away, and you have no idea when they're going to come back around.

    ReplyDelete