A couple weekends ago Jeff was practicing with the trial team and so after I picked the kids up from Grandma Joanie and Grandpa Stu we stopped in Virgil to go to Hollenbeck's Cider Mill. The cider mill was fun, and we got some awesome cider and doughnuts, but the real hit was the playground in Virgil. Beckett had seen it on the way to the cider mill and recognized that he had a lot of energy he wanted to get out, so he suggested going back to the playground after we ate doughnuts. It turned out to be a great playground with lots of great equipment, plus a walking trail. We stayed for about two and a half hours, on a beautiful fall day.
Eating doughnuts and watching them press the cider, exactly as I used to watch when I was a kid.
The cemetary walk prompted a lot of interesting conversations about death, heaven, what happens after we die, how we are remembered by those who love us, and why we mark death in the way we do.

























I remember going to Hollenbeck's with your family as a kid. It's an annual tradition for us too.
ReplyDelete