Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Thanksgiving

Diane and Peter hosted Thanksgiving for the Grinnells as well as one of Peter's brothers, Paul, and his wife Jen and kids Shea and Will. There was plenty for the boys to do, from playing Uno with cousins to ping pong, after a long day in the sun at the Ponte Vedra Club where the boys played in the pool and enjoyed the water slides.

Here are all the kiddos of the same generation, my kids and some of my cousins' kids.


And here's the older generation: me and Jeff, plus my cousin Barbi, and cousin Diane, with her husband Peter and Peter's brother and his wife.


And the next up generation: my mom, dad, and Aunt Lucy.


In a fit of the spirit of Thanksgiving and togetherness I agreed to participate in a 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. I have been running for about two years, usually 2-3 times a week for 2-3 miles each time. I run in all kinds of weather, cold and hot, snow and rain, and my neighborhood is fairly hilly so I get a lot of hills in on my runs. This 5k course was entirely, completely, in all ways FLAT. Temperature was about 65 and sunny. So yes, I made a lifetime 5k record. Of course, I've only ever run one other 5k, and it was when I was 16 and didn't run. But nevertheless, I shaved 5 minutes off my time!





No comments:

Post a Comment