Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Fancy parties
For back-to-back weekends in January I attended very fancy parties. One had a dress code (black and silver--I wore black) and the other was black tie (I wore gold). I will admit to being nervous about getting all dressed up and whether it would feel too stuffy, but both nights were really fun. The first night was the SMAC (Strathmore Men's Athletic Club) banquet with Jeff and THEN, right after, the birthday party of Common Council President Helen Hudson. My mom was invited to Helen's party so she was up all afternoon, so she came along to the SMAC dinner with us and had a great time, of course, meeting our neighbors. Helen's party had an awesome band and horrible wine but we had a great time there too.
The next weekend was the mayor's ball, a fundraiser for Mayor Ben Walsh. He comped me tickets or else we wouldn't have gone but it certainly is a good party, with lots of folks we knew. We ended up straight up closing down the 500+ person party with good friends Leah and Jon, then went to the hotel bar with most of the rest of the party to close out the night with more drinking and eating. It turned out to be a super fun night and I might even go again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment