I was kind of handling the sleep deprivation and discomforts of motherhood until two nights ago, when, on top of everything else, I woke up at 2:30 (first warning sign: I woke up NOT to a baby crying, which has not happened once since the babies were born) with a stomachache. I don't know if time alone helped, or if it was the pepto and ibuprofin, but either way, after a couple of hours I felt a lot better. I still had a whiff of yucky feeling during the day yesterday but mostly felt okay, except that I had gotten even less sleep than usual. By last evening I was toasted and Jeff did most of the baby care and meal preparation while I zoned out. After three rounds of 2-3 hours of sleep each, I feel a LOT better today! It also helps that the medieval heat that engulfed us last week is gone now and it's just beautiful out!
Today's busy schedule includes: two loads of laundry, going on a walk with another neighborhood mom and her kids, showing our friends Laura and John's house across the street (anyone want to rent or buy a beautiful home across the street from us?) to potential renters, pumping, having gutter people (as in, people who install gutters, not some new reality show about dirtbags) come to give an estimate, having an energy audit, and going to the last neighborhood park concert tonight. Also my dad will be here today to power wash the front steps and maybe start on painting it! Somehow the boys will have to get fed, diapered and have naps sometime in there as well!
In actual fun news, Theo has begun grabbing for things. For several weeks I have been putting each of them on the baby einstein activity mat in the nursery for a few minutes each day, like when I am feeding the other one or taking a shower. Before this week they would basically just lie on the mat and flail their arms and legs aimlessly, looking at all the fun hangy-down stuff. Yesterday I noticed that Theo was very avidly staring at one particular set of hangy-down rings and appeared to be trying very hard to get his fingers around the lowest one. It was his right hand, but I can't say that necessarily means anything because there was no equivalent set of rings on his left side. He can't get the grip part down but he seems to have his aim down pretty good. Theo has also started smiling with some regularity. It is amazing to me how different their smiles are--Beck has a wide open gaping grin, and Theo has this cheshire cat, curled up at the corners smile. Beck continues to be a pretty laid back guy. Theo is more watchful and skeptical, I would say, and he still has a nasty habit of throwing up some quantity of his meal after he eats, sometimes HOURS after he eats. Yesterday he destroyed my shirt four times and my entire outfit twice. If he weren't such a determined eater I would be worried he wasn't getting enough food!
No comments:
Post a Comment