Monday was the boys' first day at Most Holy Rosary in the pre-kindergarten 3 classroom. I think we were all nervous about it, for different reasons. I was anxious about making and packing snacks and lunches, and the boys were anxious about us leaving them at an unfamiliar place. After a couple of hiccups getting into the building with all of our first-day gear (sleeping bags, tissues, baby wipes, and two eager boys wearing backpacks), Jeff said goodbye and gave kisses and hugs. I lingered to help the boys find the bathroom, and then was out the door by 8:30. I had told my office that I wouldn't be in later than 10, but I made it by 8:45. I cried all the way to work, not because I was worried about them but just because it's a transition. This is the first time the boys have been out of our home without us, not at a grandparents' home. It's wonderful for them and very exciting, and also a little bit sad as an ending of a very special time.
This is the boys in the book corner in their classroom. This is where they have run to first every time we've arrived.
How sweet, Bryn, and a little sad for you and Jeff of course. They look like such big boys in their Cornell sweatshirts! What did you pack them for lunch and did they eat it? <3 --Anne
ReplyDeleteHaha. Lunch has not been a raging success so far, despite my super-cool PlanetBox stainless steel lunchboxes that make me a cool mom (in my head). They are eating snack at school, which they do not eat at home, so they have a string cheese and box of raisins at 10am and then aren't that hungry for lunch at 11:45. I wouldn't have them snack if it were up to me but it's not, and it's only two days a week, so I'm trying to pack a number of different things in small quantities and see what they eat.
DeleteIf I had string cheese and raisins at 10 a.m. I might not be hungry at 11:45, either! :) Bryn I'd think you were a cool mom even if your lunch boxes were Wegmans bags. --Anne
ReplyDelete