Thursday, June 11, 2015

Little helpers


This is last week, when the boys eagerly helped me clean the toilet and tub. Theo was so focused on scrubbing the grout with a toothbrush that it was hard to get him to take off his clothes and get in the bath afterwards. They have been super helpful lately, from mopping to vacuuming to sweeping. They also empty the bottom rack of the dishwasher and water the plants. Their teacher, Miss Mo, says that they have matured so much this year, and that they are her little helpers in the classroom. When I was there Monday to pick them up, she was talking with them about the thinking time out chair in her room (the naughty chair, I gather), and then realized that they have never been in the thinking chair this year. Again last night, I told Beck I was going to sweep and mop the floor, and asked if he would like to help. He said yes, and we decided together that it wouldn't be fair for him to all of it, so I swept and then he mopped. He kept coming to me and asking for a new wet wipe (he swiffer mopped) because the one he was using was dirty. He did a super great job! Then Theo got jealous and wanted to help too, so I asked him what chore he wanted to do, and he said he wanted to clean a toilet. So he cleaned the toilet upstairs, and Beckett wanted to clean something upstairs too, so they both ended up cleaning out the tub with the spray cleaner and sponges. I hope this lasts! They're doing great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment