Sunday, June 21, 2015

Six weeks of Baby Reed

Little Baby Reed is now seven weeks old. He is smiling at us and enjoys watching and listening to his brothers. Monday night he slept from 11pm to 4am, which I think was a record for him. Last night he slept from 9:30-3:30, a grand 6 hours in a row! I am pretty sure that the big boys did not sleep six hours in a row until they were at least a year old, maybe 18 months old.

Jeff is still sleeping in the attic most nights so that he can get a full night's sleep but for the last few nights I've had Reed in his own room, in the Rock and Play bassinet sleeper. It's been great because he is kind of grunty and makes a lot of noise in bed, so now I can hear him when he is truly awake but not just when he's grunting or sighing or getting ready to go to sleep or just waking up. When he was in my room, I would wake up as soon as he started moving around, even if he was only just waking up and not ready to eat yet, so I missed out on a lot of sleep while he was waking up and going to sleep. Now I only wake up when he's ready to nurse, and then I just put him back down when he's done eating, and he settles in while I'm going to sleep undisturbed in my own bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment