It's pretty amazing to have three little boys. I never imagined that I would be a mother to three boys, yet here I am. I do get some of "oh, too bad, another boy!" or "are you going to try for a girl?" from strangers at the grocery store, but mostly people are busy gushing over how cute they all are. A number of moms of all boys have told me how lucky I am, how wonderful it is to be a mom to boys, because boys love their mamas. I think it's interesting how readily people want to judge, either positively or negatively, our family, but I do take it all as people trying to connect and empathize.
There's still room for everyone when we read stories.
This is from when Tabi, Diane and Sam were visiting for my cousin Jess's wedding a few weeks ago. We walked to the base of Taughannock Falls, which is probably the longest hike the boys had taken. Tabi and Sam helped out with piggyback rides on the way back. I can still hold everyone while we're walking (Reed is in the front pack)!
Doesn't Theo look like Jeff in this picture?
No comments:
Post a Comment