Friday, July 29, 2016
Politics
So we've been running a County Court Judge campaign out of our house here for the last six months, and we haven't really written about it on here. Because life is a zero sum game, it's meant that we've spent less time exercising, socializing with friends, relaxing at the lake, doing things with our kids, cleaning our house, and sleeping because we've been out getting signatures for petitions to get on various ballot lines, getting out to community events in our Judge Jeff Leibo shirts, reviewing other candidates' petitions for errors, planning fundraisers, and strategizing with folks who are helping us out and working with us to get this done. It's been a bigger job than I ever imagined, and I probably wouldn't have agreed to get ourselves into this mess had I known what it entailed. But here we are! And this week, we had a good week in the campaign. The Board of Elections upheld many of our challenges to an opponent's petitions, and a hearing is scheduled for Monday for a final determination. If we win, and keep the opponent off the ballot, it means we will not have a Democratic primary in September. And I will take all of August off from the campaign trail! We owe ourselves a lot more time at Gillie Lake, at Green Lakes, at the cottage, at Cape Cod, and just diddling around the house and neighborhood without going a mile a minute on campaign stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm tired just reading this. Fingers crossed! -Anne
ReplyDelete