Wednesday, June 21, 2017

House of Lovebo update

Monday night around 10 I heard Reed coughing in a strange way. He had just started a barky croup cough earlier that day and when I got to him upstairs I could hear the strider in the cough and I could tell he was having a hard time breathing. He also had a fever. I got him to the ER at Upstate in ten minutes (one of those times I was grateful to live so close to a big hospital) and we were whisked to the children's ER very quickly. Luckily Reed is a very calm guy and is easily calmed down, so once I got him from his crib and calmed him down initially, he didn't really have the strider again. But we got to see a doctor pretty quickly and based on what I had heard and experienced earlier, Reed got a quick one-time dose of oral steroids, which should last 2-3 days and prevent any strider for the remainder of his symptomatic time with the croup. He also had a double ear infection so they gave him the first dose of antibiotics. So after about an hour and a half, we were home again.

Tuesday morning Reed couldn't go to daycare because of the croup diagnosis, so I was already going to stay home with him, but then Theo woke up with more rashes on his chest, back and arms. So we all trouped to the doctor's office to get him checked out (they think it's just eczema, probably exacerbated by all the time in the water lately). So we dropped Theo off at school and Reed and I spent the rest of the day at home. Reed has gotten more fevery and sick and cranky yesterday and today so we're going to keep him home from daycare again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment