Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Great New York State Fair 2017 Edition


This is the photo I always take before we go somewhere crowded--take the "last picture" photo in case I have to text it to the NYS Troopers! Dressing them in neon was another precaution, along with the Lost Kid IDs I affixed to their pants and hats.



We don't always make it to the Cornell Veterinary Building but it was a huge hit this year. They had a horse abdominal cavity exploration video playing and a whole bunch of live reptiles to see and examine.




I wouldn't say the boys were super excited but the reptile lady was adamant that she had to have the boa constrictor give them a hug. They were pretty compliant, or at least more than the snake was.






The 4H building had a host of great activities the boys enjoyed, from "stick your hand in a box and guess which vegetable is inside" to making their own stick bugs. Cradling a baby chick and watching the eggs hatch was the hands-down favorite.




We lucked out with a big table in the shade for lunch.


Reed slept through lunch but rallied for maple cotton candy and maple soft ice cream. He also finished Beckett's half-eaten hamburger and ate a bunch of leftover fries.









At the NYS Trooper exhibit we got to ask some troopers about their equipment and tools as well as take goofy pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment