Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Reed-isms

Reed, at breakfast one morning, leaning in to me to give me a hug: “Mama, sometimes I cry.”
Me: “why do you cry, Reed?”
Reed: “sometimes I cry in the morning, because I’m not with you, and I want to give you a hug.”

Dinner conversation between Joan, Stu and Bryn about timeshare-free airfare seminar S&J attended recently. Bryn thinks it is a scam and is asking increasingly skeptical questions.
(After many other questions) Bryn: “you heard about this thing from something you got in the mail???”
Reed: “none of your business, nosy!!”

Reed is going through a pink phase, not unlike the one Theo went through at about the same age. I've indulged Reed probably more than I did Theo, so he has a brand new pink wardrobe, plus the pink leggings I got for Theo that Reed is wearing now. Reed has asked me to do laundry every night so that he can wear his pink pants every day but for now, he has not been very persistent and so far I have not indulged that wish. So he still has Superman days when he wears his Superman shirt and red shorts. But he has pink shirts, and a pink sweatshirt, and lots of new pink and purple socks.




No comments:

Post a Comment