Sunday, December 16, 2018
On December 1 Jeff and I attended our first of what I hope will be many Vera House galas. More than 700 people were there to support efforts to end violence and abuse in our community. It was powerful and meaningful and fun, and I was very touched to be there. I am beyond thrilled to be part of this amazing organization. And look at these badass new colleagues of mine! I am so lucky.
The new job has meant getting used to a new schedule. I go to work early, usually around 7:45, and Daddy gets everyone dressed and eating breakfast and on the bus before going to work. Then I'm home after school when everyone gets off the bus, and we have a leisurely afternoon making dinner and eating snacks and doing homework and practicing piano and playing in the yard with the other kids from the neighborhood. This is Reed doing double-duty at the stove, both whisking his hot cocoa and sauteing onions for soup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment