Beckett is reaching for and grasping rings on the activity mat, as you can see. Whether said reaching and grasping was purposeful, I don't know. He actually looked kind of pissed that his hand was stuck on something. But I didn't see the actual grab, so I don't know. Either way, it's cool!
Both little guys like the activity mat, though it can be hard to fit them both on it without having them both kick and punch each other so much that they cry. This morning we had a short window of both enjoying it at the same time.
I have wanted a black and white mobile for above their crib, one that looks cool from below and not just from the adult view head-on. I haven't found anything in my brief, middle of the night online searches, so I decided to make my own. I think it came out pretty great. I was so terrified that my knots wouldn't hold and it would fall down and impale someone during the night that moved the entire crib out of the catchment area of the mobile for the night. It did not fall down, so I moved the crib back this morning and put them both in it to see how they'd like it. I think they like it! I used two of the pandas from the set of Mama plus two babies from Great Aunt Teddy, plus plastic fork and spoon, three sticks from my front yard, my dad's fishing line, and a plush toy that came with the Fisher Price swing we have. I think it looks pretty neat!
I LOVE that mobile! It never even occurred to me that most of the commercially available mobiles are for the grown-ups rather than the babies. What a great idea, Brynnie!
ReplyDelete