Saturday morning I asked the boys what they wanted to do, and they said "ZOO!" I asked what they wanted to see, and they said "Backhoe! Lawnmower!" because the zoo has been under construction for months, and the last time they went they saw bulldozers, backhoes, dump trucks, and tractors. So off we went. At lunch after the trip I asked what they liked the best. Besides backhoe, lawnmower, and bulldozer, the other things mentioned were elephant, owl (editor's note: we did not see any owls), hawk, and snow leopard. My memory from the trip will be all tiger, however. Beck had a pretty intimate encounter with one of the tiger triplets (born just three weeks before T&B were born!). When the tiger lunged at Beckett I grabbed Jeff and tears came to my eyes. It was all a little unreal.
Beckett knows that kitties like to lick fingers.
This is when the tiger lunged at Beckett, leaving condensation on the glass. As you can see, it definitely made Beck take a step back.
Mama enjoyed her first swim of the summer and then we all whiled away the post-nap afternoon at our local park. Both boys enjoyed some alone pool time with Mama while Daddy entertained the other on the playground.
No comments:
Post a Comment