Last night, before we went out to Gannon's ice cream night to support the elementary school PTO:
Beckett: I wish I were a girl.
Mama: why?
Beckett: girls get to wear dresses.
Mama: why do you like dresses?
Beckett: I like how they go down to the floor.
Theo: I wish I were a girl, too.
Mama: why?
Theo: they can have long hair.
Mama: why do you like long hair?
Theo: they can flip it up.
This followed some incriminating photos I received from their preschool teacher, Miss Mo, this afternoon. Apparently someone brought in an Elsa costume (from Frozen) and Beckett put it on. Then both boys read a Winnie the Pooh story to the rest of the class. I think we'll have to be getting some "girl" dress up clothes for the house!
This morning, Beck woke up at 7:30 and was cuddling with me since Jeff had already left for his dentist appointment.
Beckett: Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could move our beds into your bedroom?
Mama: why?
Beckett: Then we could all sleep together in the same room!
(I particularly love that he says "wonderful")
This morning, when Theo wandered into our bedroom after sleeping til 7:50.
Beckett (to Theo) Good morning, beautiful!
Cuties! I love it.
ReplyDelete