Preschool at Most Holy Rosary with Miss Mo has been a rollicking success. The kids love everything about it--putting on their Cornell hoodies and backpacks in the morning, eating snack, coloring, doing watercolors, and pasting, and the playground at school. They have not been eating much at lunchtime, I think because they have been overwhelmed with the chaos of a school cafeteria full of kids. We know they go to sleep at naptime almost immediately, and have to be woken up when it's time to leave the classroom. And of course it's impossible to get anything out of them about what they did during the school day. Beck's most common response is a smile and "we sat around doing nothing." Don't have any idea where he came up with that.
The bad news is that they have not been as happy with the afterschool program. I think it's a combination of factors, including a not-super-warm teaching group and it just being a long day for the boys. After two days of Theo crying upon seeing me, and then leaping into my arms, I decided enough was enough. We're now trying to move our schedules around so that one of us can pick them up each day at 2:30 when school is over, and we're going to start them in Friday school 8:00-2:30 as well, to make up for the time I will miss at work. It ended up actually being cheaper to do that than to have them in afterschool anyway, and since they seem to love the school part, I'm hoping it will be a good change. We start that schedule in a few weeks; until then it's just Mondays and Wednesdays. We'll probably still have to use afterschool occasionally when neither of us can get there but it feels good to know that they will not have to be there twice a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment