Monday, July 25, 2016

Irish dance lessons

A couple of months ago Theo asked if he could take dance lessons. I looked around and asked around the neighborhood, and found an Irish dance school in the Tipp Hill neighborhood near us that parents I knew really liked. So about six weeks ago I took Theo to check out a class. He sat still for about five minutes before he was up and tapping his feet and dancing along, watching the kids and instructor intently. Last week he went to his first class. Before we left, he said he wasn't going. He rode his bike down the block to get away from me so I wouldn't make him go. I basically abducted him from the end of the block to get him in the car as he cried and screamed. We got there and I had to carry him into the building. I finally got him to sit down next to me. He agreed to change into his dance shoes. Then, a bunch of kids went to the center of the dance floor and started stretching. And Theo trotted out, started stretching, and never looked back at me for the next 45 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. I love your resilience in making him go, and that he enjoyed it in the end! :) :) -Anne

    ReplyDelete