31 weeks, 1 day
Good news:
- Babies still in belly.
- Spring has sprung in Syracuse. Daffodils and crocuses have emerged, windows are intermittently open, and snow boots have disappeared from our front door.
- The week has flown by with visits from friends Sara on Tuesday, with her new cutie Preston, and Emily on Wednesday, with HER new cutie Eleanor. Friends plus babies is the best way to pass the time!
- Hemangioma is GONE! I developed a blood blister sometime while I was in the hospital in NYC 6 weeks ago that had morphed into something much more massive and disgusting. The dermatologist I saw yesterday (finally!) asked if it was a third fetus, it was so large. They cut the sucker off and stitched and burned and it is now gone! Hooray!
Bad news:
- OB canceled my appointment for tomorrow and I couldn't reschedule. Oh, well. I am just so sad to miss out on another opportunity to sit motionless on my back while a contraction monitor tells us all what I already know--my uterus contracts painlessly all the time! surprise! And to have the sonographer give me that disappointed, scolding look while she says my cervix is yet shorter, though a) there is nothing to be done to stop the shortening, and b) there is no reason to believe that the shortening will lead to preterm labor. So why do we do this test again? Because they own the ultrasound machine? And they measure the babies' heartbeats to confirm they are alive when, meanwhile, they are both visibly kicking out my belly. I'll see them again next week.
- House closing is most definitely not happening tomorrow, as scheduled in the contract. Which leads me to this piece of good/bad news: as much as Jeff and I do not know very much about real estate law, it appears that real estate attorneys do not know much about real estate law either. It seems to me that if the contract specifies April 15 as the closing date, that's the closing date. But I would be wrong. Our closing may be in 10 days, or may be May 1, or may be sometime after May 1. I appreciate that Jeff is handling the details of all of this, so I will let him give 'em hell for me.
- No real estate showings at our current home this week as yet. Someone wanted to come this morning at 8:00 a.m. and I told them no, that was not going to work. I think the realtor then tried to threaten me that these buyers would not be able to return at another time, thinking that I would care whether these buyers would be able to return. Little does she know that my incentive is to make it impossible for anyone to see the house, because I have to get up out of bed and dressed and then have strangers walk all around my house and peer into my closets while I watch. I have been very accommodating but 8:00 a.m.? No.
No comments:
Post a Comment