- Walk-through of new house to take place at noon, Friday.
- Closing to take place at 1pm.
- House is almost totally packed, thanks to family and friends. Jeff's on his way out now to get some white packing paper for the last of the dishes, glasses, etc.
- We're having takeout the rest of the week, due to tableware being packed. There are worse things.
- We had tornados, lightning, thunder, and gusting wind/rain all afternoon today. I love these spring storms but they are a little bit scary! Plus I didn't make it to the window to close it in time, and Jeff had another huge mess to clean up when he got home. Luckily we have a dehumidifier!
- I just discovered the wonders of lanolin. Primarily for sore nipples related to breastfeeding, it is a miracle product! Best lip balm ever.
- Casey the diaper lady (CNY Diaper Express) came over last night to give us a demo. Thankfully she made Jeff diaper the doll first, so I got to watch him do it. It's actually way easier than I had expected (maybe even easier than disposables), so I'm really excited about getting set up and using the cloth. We're going to sign up for a 10 week package so we won't have to deal with any diaper laundry for the first 2 1/2 months. After the 10 weeks we'll evaluate what we want to do from there--continue the service, buy our own cloth diapers, or switch to disposables.
- Babies still in belly. Two different people exclaimed yesterday that 32 weeks is great--only a few more weeks til we're out of the danger zone. After seriously contemplating the babies' birth at 24 weeks (and every day since), 32 weeks seems like a miracle. The "danger zone" to me was when they might not (or likely would not) survive if born then. From 30 weeks on, my friend Claire the OB-GYN says, it's all gravy. Not that the goal isn't still to keep them in for longer! I can almost feel May (which seemed like an eternity from February 28, when I was first admitted to the hospital in NYC), and June 3 (scheduled cesarean birth day) seems like not that far away. Though when I sent him a picture of my belly from about a week ago, my friend Severin said he'd never seen a more pregnant lady before in his life. And his mom gave birth to triplets!
- A friend with twins told me today that the great thing about having twins is having a free pass on all the things you're "supposed" to do with your single baby if you are a "good" mother: breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing, vaginal birth. Honestly the cloth diapers seem easier than the disposables, at least in the short term (and WAY cheaper), and I am committed to breastfeeding as exclusively as possible. But the rest is triage! We'll do the best we can, and no one can give us (me) crap about it because hey, did YOU have twins? No? Then shut up. And if you did, then you're a champ and awesome and all of that and still, shut up.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Five hours until 33 weeks
News of the day:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment