I had a doctor's appointment yesterday where we got only good news about everyone's health. Best news is that despite lots of contractions since being discharged from the hospital last week, my cervix has not only not gotten shorter, but has actually lengthened somewhat, with no dilation or effacement! It's a great sign to me that what I have been doing (being horizontal most of the day, being up and around very little) is working. No one has told me what physically I should or shouldn't be doing, but I have trusted how my body feels and adapted my activity to that, and it appears to be working. I'm excited about that. Also, there are no traces of sugar in my urine, which means that there are no indications of gestational diabetes. I don't know whether that's because I've been following a pretty strict diabetic diet or because I have no trace of gestational diabetes, but either way, it's great. My blood pressure was also great, 120/70, and I gained a pound from last week. I could have gained a pound and a half and I'm probably behind where I could be, but up is still good.
I really like the nurse-midwife I saw yesterday. One of the most amazing things she said is that she gained 120 pounds when she was pregnant with her now-5-month old boy. She showed me pictures and she looked like an oompa-loompa. So I'm glad that hasn't happened yet! And at this point I don't really think I have time (or stomach space) to gain 80 pounds in the next two months....
No comments:
Post a Comment