For those of you who worry that when I don't post, it's because I'm in the hospital or the babies have been born or both: neither has happened. I am getting bigger and bigger and it is harder and harder for me to be upright enough to write emails or blog posts. I am very close to needing to eat most of my meals in liquid form through a straw so I can remain on my side.
But: at my doctor's appointment Friday everything looked good--blood pressure still very good, and no signs of gestational diabetes or preeclampsia. And I gained 4 pounds in the last week, all of which apparently went to my belly because whereas last week I measured 35 weeks (if carrying a singleton), this week I measured 38 weeks! My doctor thinks the babies are about 4 pounds each, which is above the 90th percentile for twins and above the 50th percentile for singletons at 30 weeks. All good! We are readjusting our expectations, however--my doctor does not believe I will go past 34 or 35 weeks based on how big the babies are already and the fact that my cervix is getting shorter. But we will see!
No comments:
Post a Comment