Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bad news bears


Because I was up for a while last night with more intense itching on my feet and hands, I went into the doctor this morning for a triage visit. We are waiting on the bloodwork but Claire and I are fairly certain I have cholestasis. This is a fun condition in which the symptoms include intolerable itching of the hands and feet and which causes stillbirth in late pregnancy. Oh, and I have group B strep, which poses a risk to the babies at delivery. I have a regular appointment with my doctor tomorrow afternoon in which we will discuss her philosophy about dealing with the cholestasis (which may include an even earlier cesarean birth) and make a plan for going forward. Therefore this may well be the last pregnant photo we take!

Then we got back to the house and the carpet installers from Onondaga Flooring informed me that the stairs are so unsafe as to require repair prior to installation of the carpet. So now I am waiting for a call-back from a carpenter so that we can get the stairs repaired so that the carpet installers can come back and finish their job--and hoping that my fat-ass self does not fall through the stairs to the basement in the meantime.

In good news, Claire has been making us delicious food and doing dishes and laundry and cleanup, all of which is wonderful and amazing. Unfortunately, she leaves tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment