Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers' Day!

My goal for a while has been not to give birth before Mothers' Day, and hooray! I did not. Happy Mothers' Day to all the mothers and mothers-to-be I love, and those who have supported and loved us but are not our biological mothers: Tricia, Renee, Deb, Grandma Grinnell, Grandma Genovese, Peg, and others.

I am still reeling from the amazing Mothers' Day presents I received this year, without even having to do the tough work of mothering yet: a new fancy phone from Daddy Lovebo, money to help with house projects from Grandma and Grandpa L-G, and a sitting and charcoal drawing from my dear friend Kristina. When I get it back from her I will post a picture of it here if Daddy Lovebo will let me. I feel so lucky!

I also realized I forgot to post news about my 34 week doctor visit last week. I finally got to see my doctor again, instead of the two different NPs I had seen the two weeks prior, and I am back to feeling good about my health care. She answered all my questions and was reassuring and calming as always. At this point, if I go into labor, she would not attempt to stop it. If I made it to 36 weeks (May 18, but who's counting?) there would not even be a NICU team present at their birth, though the babies might be assessed and determined to need a pit stop there for some number of hours or days. My doctor is happy I have made it this far and satisfied that the babies are healthy and big. So hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on making it this far. The babies must be very comfy and warm in there!

    ReplyDelete