Dr. Morisseau discovered that Beck has an ear infection. They have both been snotty for a little over a week but neither had been acting cranky, or having trouble eating or sleeping. It had seemed like they were getting better lately. I felt bad that I hadn't brought Beck in earlier, since he had been sick, and said so to the doctor. She said she wouldn't have brought her kid in either, because he really wasn't acting sick. So that made me feel a little better. He's on antibiotics now, as of last night, and I hope that will resolve things pretty quickly. It isn't quite as bad as administering medication to the cat, but putting the syringe of medicine in his mouth is pretty unpleasant, with lots of frothing at the mouth and projectile rejecting.
The BEST outcome of the pediatrician appointment is that Dr. Morisseau said that the boys shouldn't need to wake up at night anymore. Ha ha, I said, I KNOW that, but THEY don't know that. Well apparently all I need to do is take them to the pediatrician and have her say something when I want them to do it, because last night they only woke up once in the night! One time between 6:30pm and 7:45am. Whereas the last few weeks they've been waking up at least twice and often three or four times. Beck ate when I got home from work, at around 5pm, and they didn't eat again until 3am! I hopehopehope this is the start of a new pattern!
I have been working on two new mobiles for the last few weeks and finally put one together this afternoon. Theo's only had to wait five months for his own mobile. But his is TOTALLY amazing! Check it out:
Oh my goodness the boys have gotten so big! I love seeing all the pictures of them smiling! So sorry to hear they have had little colds and that Beck had the ear infection - hope they are much better for the exciting Christmas weekend and that we can set up a time to stop by with James while we are in town . . . . Maybe Sunday or Monday evening if it isn't too much for you? Just want to say hello and catch up for a little bit.
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys and hope to see you soon!
Love to you and all 3 boys :)
Kelly, Brent & James
PS - LOVE the mobile!!