Thursday, May 31, 2012

A CRAZY day with twins--and it's only 1PM

 This bag is the only reminder of the complete disaster that occurred in my house today.  The boys were playing happily together while I made them scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, a new favorite meal. The new gate means that I feel comfortable leaving them there while I am somewhere else in the house. I went and checked on them after about 3 minutes, and they were toddling/crawling around and talking to each other and busily unloading toys from the toy shelf. Because they were happy, I decided to clean and chop the produce I just got from the market. I heard them playing and peeked my head around the corner and saw them sitting and unrolling a roll of diaper liners along the floor. Harmless, I thought to myself, and resumed chopping.
 After about 30 minutes of cooking, cleaning, and chopping, during which I peeked in on them every few minutes and heard them happily playing, I went in to get them to have their lunch. This (plus my babies) is what I found: many many sheets of diaper liners unrolled;
 Darkened spots of poo on the floor;
 Liners covered in poo; and my two boys, smiling up at me. More of Theo's face had speckles of poo on it than didn't; same for his hair.
 This is what happened to the bathroom floor in the melee.
 And the bathtub.
 In the bath, with two boys somewhat covered in poo.
It is unclear to me what occurred. Both boys had recent poopy diapers (known to be recent because I changed them right before I started unpacking groceries), and Theo's diaper had exploded upward to his pants and shirt. I cannot explain the poo on the face, in the hair, on the hands, on Beckett's hands and clothes. The poo on the soles of the (leather) shoes I explain only by way of seeing the poo on the floor and knowing that Theo toddles around as his primary means of transport.

So lunch was scrapped in favor of baths, after which they were both tired and so they nursed and then went to sleep. I have since scrubbed the floor in the playroom, thrown away many dirty (and suspicious) diaper liners, and scrubbed the bathroom. I think this is just one of those days!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Bryn! Kudos to you for taking this seemingly well...from afar it is really quite funny...i am still cautiously awaiting our 1st poop-tastrophe. -sara

    ReplyDelete