Saturday, September 8, 2012

Happenings in and around the House of Lovebo

This week was completely absorbed by watching the US Open (tennis) championships and the Democratic National Convention on television. Whereas the TV is usually on an hour or two in the evening for the parents Lovebo to watch a show we've DVR'd or for Daddy Lovebo to get fired up watching MSNBC, this week it was probably on 5+ hours a day. Consequently, everything else here has suffered. The house needs  some serious cleaning, we are battling sleep deprivation, and we've cooked like one real dinner in the last week. But that Bill Clinton speech was really something, right?!?

Daddy Lovebo has, in the midst of this crazy week, found his inner Bob Vila/Macgyver. Last week he fixed the dangerously off-track silverware drawer. This week he installed bookshelf speakers in the shelves by the fireplace, fixed the broken garbage disposal, and fixed the broken faucet in the shower.  I would like to know what happened to my housework hapless husband. The phrase "I solve all problems!" has been uttered more times this week than I'd like to recall.

My favorite routine with the boys has become putting them to bed, either for naps or bedtime. Especially at nap time, they eagerly climb upstairs when I say "Time for nap!", going into their room and bringing books for me to read. When I say "Who wants num-nums?" Theo brings me my nursing pillow and both stumble over, giggling, to get settled for some nursing. When they have had enough, they get up, giggling, and go to their cribs, reaching up and looking back at me. I pick each one up, kiss him from head to toe while telling him I love him, and then lay him down in his crib and squeeze him all over. I do the same with his brother while the other one, who has clambered back to standing in his crib, watches, giggling. I do this at least a couple times with each until they are too tired to get back up, at which time I rub both their bellies at the same time and blow kisses before leaving the room. There is very, very little crying or even fussing at bedtimes now, and I absolutely love the time with them.

Both boys are enjoying giving kisses these days. One day they were sitting together and touching each other, and Theo leaned over and gave Beck a kiss on the chest. It was very, very sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment