Thursday, October 18, 2012

It turns out Theo had an ear infection and a bad sore throat, which is probably why he was so upset. Maybe for a couple days. Luckily Mindy was on to it and the pediatrician confirmed an ear infection and put him on antibiotics. She also thought he had a painful sore throat that was probably contributing to him being unable to sleep. Beck's not feeling super-great but so far he's been in better spirits and sleeping better than Theo. Though last night was better than the past two. I'm still working on not much sleep in the last week and nursing my own nasty cold but I am really hopeful that a weekend of down time will help us all feel better. This morning they both woke up pretty happy and had a great day with Mindy. We had been planning a trip to Philadelphia this weekend for Jeff's LLM program and to see friends Laura, John, Henry and Aaron, but I'm just too exhausted to imagine wrangling the boys by myself while Jeff's at school. So we'll have a quiet weekend at home and try to rest up. I hope Jeff will be home in time to enjoy some time with us Sunday.

One of my favorite things now is putting the boys to bed and having them pick out books and crawl into my lap to read them. They each get one thigh and I think we all fit pretty well together.


Theo's starting to throw and catch things with some accuracy. Beck's not as advanced in the throwing/catching realm but he has quite the windup on his throw. Here's Theo with Daddy Lovebo playing their first game of "catch."


4 comments:

  1. Look out A-Rod... Theo's coming!

    Grandpa Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cool! Looks like Theo and daddy are having a great time! I am sorry to hear you had a hard week/weekend of sick boys and mama.

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! That's some impressive coordination, Theo! And Daddy Lovebo is a great coach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS is it still called "windup" if it comes after he throws?

    ReplyDelete