Beck hasn't thrown up since early Tuesday morning, and Theo hasn't yet. The boys have both had some diarrhea yesterday and today but they have smartly avoided much food and have been drinking lots, so they have remained in good spirits. We may be rounding the corner because they both ate pretty well at dinner tonight. Nothing crazy, just crackers and some cheese and water, but they did eat a good quantity.
They are playing with each other a lot more lately--chasing each other, playing peekaboo, and playing lots of games that I can't understand but seem to make them laugh a lot while grinning at each other. They also seem more and more concerned about the other. If I offer food to one, he usually will point at the other like I should offer some to his brother, too. Theo also does this funny thing when Mindy is telling me (when I get home from work and she has been with the boys all day) about what they did, and then "tells on" Theo, something that he did that was funny or mischievous, and he looks at her like, "lady, why you telling on me??"
This morning, because it was a balmy 40 degrees and because we were already in the car to go to Time Warner to get a new cable box and remote control, I took the boys to the zoo. I had planned that we might stay inside rather than doing the outdoor route, but then it really wasn't very cold or windy and the boys seemed into looking at the animals, so we did the whole trek around the zoo. There were hardly any other people there except another mom with twin boys who for some reason I couldn't stand and kept trying to get away from but it felt like she was following me until we escaped outside. We had the tigers all to ourselves. In fact, we had ALL the outdoor animals all to ourselves. The animals were very active, and we saw some animals I've had a hard time even spotting before. The lynx was pacing around his cage, the grey wolves appeared to be herding each other and trotting around, the penguins were swimming lazily about like always. The monkeys, fennec foxes and meerkats were the biggest hits with the boys because they move so much and because they are behind glass we could get so much closer. Some kind of monkey had a baby about a month ago and it was awesome to watch the mama cradle that little baby monkey. The snow leopards, twin boys born last June and their mom, were chasing each other and pouncing while their mother looked on. Here are the tigers we saw up close and personal. The tiger triplets were born a few weeks before Theo and Beckett and are now so big that I can't tell which ones are the babies and which one is the mama.
I continue to be immensely grateful to Mindy for taking such great care of our boys, for being flexible when I need to switch up her childcare days, and for allowing them to stay home with someone they trust and love when they've been sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment