Friday, January 25, 2013

Eating us out of house and home

I thought we'd have until the boys were teenagers until we experienced what people have been warning us about since the boys were born: that we would be eaten out of house and home. When Grandma Joanie and Grandpa Stu bought us a new fridge and put the old fridge downstairs, I said, we won't need THAT for a while.

Fast forward one month: now we do. Last night we got our regular order of two calzones from Pizza Pizzaz down the street. I got to eat about half of mine because Theo and Beck ate so much. They would have eaten more but Mama wouldn't share more than half. Last weekend the boys ate tilapia, roasted potatoes and broccoli along with us, then ate two and a half bananas and five clementines between them. What the heck?!? They regularly eat normal adult-sized bowls of cereal with about a cup of milk each. We're now buying as much whole milk as skim milk (what the adults drink)--more than a gallon a week. Today at lunch I made a box of Zatarain's black beans and rice (supposed to be 4 adult servings of rice and beans) and I had to eat a snack after I put the boys down because they ate so darn much!


No comments:

Post a Comment