Sunday, March 3, 2013

Our friend Lauren came over on her way to the first road race of the Syrathon series. She did some important pregaming, including reading storybooks and eating banana bread.



Beck is all about his trucks these days. He can usually be found somewhere either playing with his trucks or reading a book. 





I woke up to Jeff imploring me to come downstairs to help him. I came downstairs to Jeff holding the green play lawnmower, all four wheels of which were inexplicably coated in what appeared to be wet, messy dog crap. This is odd, to say the least, because we have no dog. There was no dog crap anywhere else in the house, that we can see. Boys had clean diapers and had no crap on them. The only place there appeared to be dog crap was on the wheels of the lawnmower and the small spot on the rug where Beck had been rolling the lawnmower. Jeff handled the lawnmower and mopping the floor, and I inspected the children and gave them baths, just to be sure. Luckily our great neighbors the Roots have a steam cleaner they let us borrow. When Jeff brought it in and then Mike showed us how to use it, Theo thought he had died and gone to heaven. The vacuum is just about his favorite thing in the whole world, but this was a bigger and louder version of the regular vacuum. Both boys wanted to help Dada.


3 comments:

  1. What is up with these kids' obsession with vacuums? Lol.
    -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever determine what the mystery substance was??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely poop. Looked like dog poop to me. Could have been a sick cat making dog-like poop, but I'm no expert. And I do not know why they are obsessed with vacuums! I have been debating for a while getting them their own little battery powered vacuums that they could use themselves, but I fear they would be on ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Purchase has not yet been made.

    ReplyDelete