We're stuck at home, all packed and ready to go on our much-anticipated Florida vacation but delayed. So I am updating the blog, since I probably won't post while we're gone.
The best news is that I bought an item I have been coveting since I heard about it a few months ago: a Foscam surveillance camera to put in the boys' room. I was never the parent to worry overly about SIDS or the kids strangling themselves in their sleep, so a simple baby monitor was all we used for the first few months until they started sleeping more predictably and we packed it away. I have had friends in the moms of multiples group I belong to who have nannies at home and they have cameras set up all over (with the knowledge of the nannies, I assume) so they can watch their kids while they're at work. I never really understood the desire to watch your kids sleep until my kids started having very active-sounding social lives in their nursery after nap time started. I have been so curious about what they DO in there for an hour or two or even more until they finally quiet down and go to sleep.
Anyway, I'm sure there will be more fun stories to report later, but this afternoon after I put them down they were making a total ruckus and I turned on the iPad to check in on them. They were standing in their cribs, facing each other, with their hands on the top railing. They were smiling and staring each other down, just six or eight inches from each other. Then Theo slapped Beck dramatically across the face, and Beck took a dramatic fall backwards into his crib, rolling around and laughing, while Theo roared laughing. Then they both stood up again, stared each other down, and this time Beck slapped Theo across the face and Theo took a header to the crib mattress, again both laughing. I took some photos (yes, you can photograph with the camera!) but don't have them connected to the computer yet. There was also some conversation (emphatic pointing and then back-and-forth babbling to each other). Love it! Can't wait to watch more!
OMG that is so cool! Baby spycam! Hopefully this isn't some kind of foreshadowing to a future fight club.
ReplyDelete-Anne