Monday, May 16, 2011

SO UNCOMFORTABLE

I suspect this will be the title of most posts from here on out. I have been having intense pains across my rib cage for the last four or five days, several times per day, pain that is bad enough to make me cry, but is not related to baby movement or contractions. Origins of this pain are unknown, but surmised by my doctor's office and my in-residence OB-GYN Claire (staying with us this week--hooray!) to be either muscle cramping or caused by some kind of intestinal or diaphragm squishing. All I know is that it feels really horrible AND that it is not related to labor. Which, when I am feeling it, is not a relief--because at least then it would have an end point. The hardest thing for me to deal with now is that I might feel this way for the next two and a half weeks! Good news is that one extra strength Tylenol (pretty much the only medication I can take) takes care of the pain relatively quickly, so I have been popping those babies like they're candy.

Can you blog readers remind me of all these joys if I ever contemplate becoming pregnant again? I feel like this system is designed to destroy my memory so that I do not remember but it will be hard not to remember 11+ weeks of bedrest, at least three hospitalizations (one yet to come), and, oh yes, LABOR and recovery therefrom. I leave it to you to remind me!

3 comments:

  1. I too asked people to remind me. I was sure that James would be an only child. But even with the reminders, I have started to feel that maybe I was just exaggerating then. It's amazing what the brain can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear you are going through that on top of regular pregnancy discomfort:( Glad the Tylenol is helping and that you have a great support team there with you! I had my first pre-labor contractions that actually caused enough pain I was able to practice my Lamaze breathing ove the weekend. Looks like I will not be working much longer.

    I hope you get some relief quick. Maybe we'll both have our delivery on the same day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to remind me about the blood blisters and the unbearably itchy feet, either.

    And Kelley- I am sorry your contractions have been painful! I haven't had any of those yet. More to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete