Friday, July 27, 2012

Mama Lovebo's favorite moments of the last few months

I've been posting a lot of photos lately without much commentary. I have enjoyed so many beautiful moments with Theo and Beckett in the last several months that I thought I'd take a few lines to record some of them here.
  • Catching the boys' eyes from across the room and watching them break into a smile 
  • Realizing how much receptive language they really have--like when I say, "time for a bath!" and both the boys grin and run toward the stairs, down the upstairs hallway, and bang on the wall of the tub, or when I say, "who wants num-nums? let's go to the num-num chair!" and they grin and laugh hysterically while they run over to my favorite nursing chair and reach their hands to be picked up
  • Walking into the house while the boys are in the back room downstairs, dropping all of my stuff in a pile by the door, and watching the boys look up, see me, and run to me
  • Learning their likes and dislikes, whether it's food or books ways they like to be tickled or times they like to be held and to be put down
  • Having them come up to my legs and reach up to be picked up--one of the best feelings!
  • As diaper changes get harder and harder with two squirmy, on-the-go boys, it's always a feeling of success when I change one of them while keeping them laughing and entertained
  • Watching Beckett quietly sit down amidst a pile of books and carefully read each one
  • Watching Theo surround himself with many toys, especially small ones, and then enjoy moving them all from one side of his body to the other, then back
  • Looking up to Beckett saying "Ma" while pointing to something he knows is a "no-no", then shaking his hand and his head to say "no touch"
  • Putting on music (ANY music) and watching the boys instantly break into their signature dance moves 
  • Walking out the door to their room at nap time or bed time after rubbing their bellies and kissing their cheeks and squeezing their legs and putting their lovies in the crooks of their arms, and exchanging blown kisses and smiles before closing the door
These are such incredibly special times and I'm starting to see what people mean when they have said to us that we must try to appreciate this time, because it goes so fast! I will say I don't miss the heady, exhausting, emotional, newborn days but for at least eight months or so, I've thought every stage was super fun, followed by another stage even more amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment