Friday, July 13, 2012

Visit with Auntie Alexis

 Auntie Alexis visited Ithaca last weekend and the boys enjoyed a special playground visit with her and Anna. Plus Mama Lovebo snuck out for some alone time for lunch with Alexis--yea!!


 When we left the playground everyone was pretty hot and sweaty. Despite the fact that I do not believe I have ever had a Slushie, I for some reason became obsessed on the drive back to the lake with procuring a cherry Slushie, having decided that a Slushie was the only way I could quench my intense thirst. Having never bought or consumed a Slushie I did not know where to find one. I wasn't sure if it was an ice cream shop item or a grocery store item. However I had a vague memory of a Slushie machine at the convenience store in Cambridge MA. So I left my hot toddlers in the car with the windows down to venture into the Trumansburg Byrne Dairy and, with the help of a kind cashier, bought us a cherry Slushie. Not surprisingly, Theo and Beckett enjoyed it very much (as did Mama!).


No comments:

Post a Comment