Sunday, July 29, 2012
Beach time at Jamesville Beach, just about 15 minutes from home. Much less crowded than Green Lakes, and very beautiful.
Cousin Debbie with Theo yesterday.
One of my projects this week was to organize our main downstairs closet and "junk cabinet" in the kitchen. There's something about having an organized closet that puts my mind at ease. Already several times since Tuesday (when I did this during nap time) I have wondered where something was, realized I had a bin for it, and found it! Hooray! Also about two weeks ago I was gifted a big tub of 18 month-2T boys clothes from a colleague at Hiscock Legal Aid who was unloading from her son's closet. I loved nearly all the clothes but didn't have anyplace to put them. So I had to throw away (give to Goodwill) some of Jeff's clothes while he was gone in Philadelphia, so that I could use his plastic drawers for the boys' clothes. I got rid of a bunch of boxes which had been holding other clothes in the process as well. Ahhhh, organization....
Last night we left the babies for the evening to attend the wedding of friends Kristina and Dave (Kristina was Jeff's former paralegal) at Turning Stone. The babies had terrible naps yesterday afternoon, at least partly because Theo's still fevery on and off from the Coxsackie and Beck's just been a little bit of a grumpasaurus. Anyway, we put them down for a brief late afternoon nap as we left around 4:45 which made them more manageable for dinnertime with Grandma Joanie, Grandpa Stu, and cousins Debbie and Kelly. They reportedly didn't each much for dinner but went down at bedtime without a problem. Unfortunately the rest of the night, after we got home, was a hot mess. Beck woke up screaming just after we got home around 11:30, and even after nursing them both (Beck woke Theo up) Beck was still unsettled and crying and squirmy. I checked his diaper after trying unsuccessfully trying to rock him back to sleep and realized he had a poopy diaper, which hasn't happened overnight in probably a year. It had been sitting on his skin for a while so he had a pretty awful, swollen diaper rash which made cleaning him up even more painful. But when I got a new diaper on him he settled down and went back to sleep pretty quickly. Beck woke up again around 3:30, when I nursed them both again before changing Beck's diaper again, and then at 5 when Jeff got up and rocked him for a while (or maybe I have those events mixed up-it's hard to keep everything straight when you're getting sleep in three, two or one hour segments!). Jeff was good enough to get up with Theo when he woke up at the normal time, 7am, allowing Beck and I to sleep in til close to 9am. Things seemed to even out at naps, when they slept for about 2 hours, and they went down tonight as easily as ever. I HOPE last night was a one-time (awful) event! We all need some sleep to recover....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment