Sunday, June 23, 2013

obsessed

The boys are going through what I hope is even more short-lived than a "phase" in which they are obsessed about tiny details of their existence to the exclusion of all other details. An example is last night Theo woke up around 9:30pm, soaking wet with sweat. Their room was too hot and they had sweat through their t-shirts and socks, and their hair was plastered with sweat. Jeff changed Theo out of his shirt and socks. Beckett woke up during the madness and his shirt was changed as well. Then when I went to put them down, Beck insisted "TUP IN!" which means Tuck Me In! I explained it was too hot for tucking in with his thick blanket, so I put it along his side and told him he could cuddle with it there without getting too hot. He yelled "HEAD!!" I had no idea what this meant until I realized (this is all happening in the dark, mind you) that he wanted the blanket partially rolled up under his head as a pillow. So I push some of it under his head and the rest alongside him. Beck yells "TUP IN FOOT!" I then have to snake the blanket from under his head alongside his body to cover his foot. "TUP IN OTHER FOOT!" Both feet covered, Beckett giggles and is satisfied. Theo then demands the exact same routine he has just heard his brother demand. Followed by "SOCKS!" I explain it is too hot for socks. He repeats "SOCKS". Over and over and over again. I give up after he relentlessly repeats "SOCKS," interrupting me as I try to explain calmly why socks are a stupid idea. I finally put socks on his feet and kiss him goodnight. This afternoon Theo woke up from his nap saying "SHIRT!" over and over again, so I had to go to their dresser and get two t-shirts while trying not to wake Beckett up (successfully, I might add). Downstairs, I tried to put the blue shirt on him. "BOP," Theo said calmly but loudly, meaning Beckett can wear that crappy blue shirt. Theo pointed to the red shirt, saying "Zee-Zee". Fine, fine, I said, and put on the red shirt.

1 comment:

  1. That's too funny. Love the postings. They make my day!
    Grandpa Greg

    ReplyDelete