Saturday, March 19, 2011

27 weeks, 3 days

Special shout out to my dear cousin (once removed, but no less special) Kelly, who was born at 27 weeks gestation and is now a healthy, strong, smart science fair winner and completely level-headed teenager.

This week I was blessed with visits from wonderful friends, Jess and her fabulously funny daughter Sophie on Thursday, and my former swim coach Karen on Friday. And both brought delicious food--wings of life salad from Wegmans and cut up fruit and soup and lasagna and sweets (for Jeff). Sophie also says that I am going to need to get a bigger belly so the babies aren't so squished. You are right, Sophie! Where do I get a replacement? Thank you so so much, for the food and the company!

Today Jeff and I had a very productive excursion to the Multiple Moms Mingle sale at the NYS Fairgrounds. In addition to the fun of driving around the fairgrounds, a unique experience, we scored some fantastic deals on baby stuff. We got a double stroller that fits infant carseats, two highchairs, a twin nursing pillow, a pack and play, and TONS of clothes and receiving blankets and hats and sleepsacks and swaddlers. Everything was super cheap and I got the feeling that the sellers just couldn't wait to get this stuff out of their houses. Which I can understand, because there sure are a lot of baby supplies that appear to be necessary or at least highly desirable and which take up a lot of room. Along with the carload of stuff we have borrowed from dear friends and experienced parents Kate and Aaron (a baby bjorn, deluxe breast pump,bath seat, a baby Vegas (baby activity center), play mat with mobile, diaper bag, LOTS of clothes, diaper pail and wet bags, and other stuff), our basement is about 1/3 full of baby stuff. It's not ideal that we're moving next month and everything will have to be transferred to the new house then, but so far we have spent about $200 on baby gear and have a pretty good stock already!

The other half of Team Lovebo is at Lowe's at the moment purchasing a washer and dryer for the new house. It's exciting and overwhelming to pick that kind of big appliance, and it's hard to know what to buy. I'm sure he will be wowed by all the fancy features (digital display! steam dryer setting!) and then neither of us will be able to operate the machines when we get them home.

In fetus news, the babies apparently like to stack or snuggle primarily on the right side of my body. Yesterday my right side was super hard for most of the evening, with top and left side totally soft, as they cuddled together way over on my right side. Because I was so uncomfortable, Jeff finally suggested seeing if I could move them, which hadn't occurred to me. I gently (well, not so gently at first) massaged my belly from right to left, talking to them the whole time, and after a few seconds A moved back over to his side. He moved back over to B a few minutes later, but I was able to coax him back to his side again. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment