Thursday, March 3, 2011
Week 25
Well, I knew this day might come, but didn't realize it would come so soon. Sunday night I was in NYC with my friend Tara to attend a domestic violence conference at Fordham Law. I woke up at about 3:30 am not feeling right, and started counting my contractions. I have had contractions for the last two months, but I had 7 in an hour early Monday morning. When I called my doctor's emergency line, the nurse told me to go directly to the nearest ER. Luckily Tara was there to take me and St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital was only two blocks away. Jeff arrived around 1pm via Delta. There was some worry Monday that I might deliver the babies that day, which was terrifying, but with the help of some medication, reassurance from my dear friend/OB-GYN Claire via text message, and my continued insistence that these babies would not be born in NYC, the contractions slowed from every 2 minutes to a couple an hour, my regular rate, by Tuesday morning. I learned a lot, about the importance of staying positive and not getting caught up in the panic of a hospital, as well as that the next time I have to go to the hospital and don't know when I might get back, I will take a shower first! My cousin Deb came in from NJ to visit on Tuesday, and Tara made sure everything was covered with work and the hotel and everything else. I was discharged Tuesday afternoon and Jeff shuttled us safely home, where I am now on bedrest, or at least homerest, for the duration. I can't believe how quickly everything has changed and I am trying my best to just embrace it, knowing that this is the best thing possible for the babies. Now Jeff is on duty for all household tasks, including those he usually lets me take care of, like grocery shopping and cooking. He can use all the help he can get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
cchcgb
ReplyDelete