Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Introducing Jeff, my amazing husband with secret skills

You all may remember my former spouse, Mr. Leibo, who feigned disinterest and inability in the kitchen and always managed to come back from Wegmans with strange items he bought in an attempt to follow the list. I have been reading twin books that say, again and again, twins don't happen to women with lame husbands--somehow they are only bestowed on women with fantastic husbands who cook, shop, and clean like fiends. As loving and funny and smart and nurturing as Jeff is, preparing nourishing food and grocery shopping has never been his forte. And so I will admit that I had been wondering why we had been blessed with a twin pregnancy.

Turns out all this nonsense about not being able to cook or grocery shop was just a feeble attempt to avoid housework, because Jeff has now proven that he is perfectly capable of making not only a meal, but a showpiece meal:

Saturday night Jeff made this: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/short-ribs-with-tagliatelle-recipe/index.html

Sunday Jeff cleaned the house, went grocery shopping, and stocked the mini-fridge in our bedroom (for my mornings in bed).

Sunday night Jeff made a quiche with ham, spinach, feta, and gruyere, which I have been eating this week for lunch.

And now, the jig is up! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment