My thyroid labs from earlier this were actually really good, and it looks like we may have a small window to have the surgery while I'm stable and within reach of normal. This morning Jeff and I met with the surgeon who will be performing my thyroidectomy. He's a supernice guy with a gentle demeanor and an easy smile. He also does 50-100 thyroid surgeries every year, and is my endocrinologist's go-to guy. He answered all of my questions before I even asked. He's going to have an OB nurse in the recovery room to help me pump after the surgery, and he is going to try to get me back to the babies as soon as possible. At this point the plan is to have the surgery on the morning of Monday, October 24, and be back home Tuesday morning. The surgeon feels confident that the surgery will be relatively straightforward and simple, and I feel very confident and reassured in his care. I'll have more labs done Monday, meet with my endocrinologist Wednesday, and have a pre-admission appointment Thursday. Jeff's mom will come up for Monday and Tuesday, and my mom will be here all week.
The boys also had their 4-month pediatrician visit today. Everyone was pronounced healthy and growing well. Both Beck and Theo are at about the 25th percentile for everything except Beck is at the 50th percentile for weight. I have little confidence in any of the measurements because they seem to vary so much from visit to visit and scale to scale but the boys are obviously growing so who cares. The boys also had three vaccines each and handled them like troupers. It looked like it may have been harder for Grandpa Stu to watch than it was for the boys to get the shots! And he didn't have the benefit of infant Tylenol or nursing afterwards.
We also lucky enough to be blessed with a visit from Kelley, her mama Mary and baby James! What a bruiser! When we got home, the boys had long lingering warm baths and seemed to really enjoy the water.
Hi Bryn!
ReplyDeleteTeddy just sent me your blogsite, so now I can enjoy the great pictures of your beautiful sons! Good luck with the surgery, and I hope you are back with the boys on Tuesday.
Love, Tom